In terms of economy, Inanda Township boasts the following. On the Northern part of the township is Inanda North Town Centre known as eMtshebheni to the locals. With stores like Shoprite, Checkout, Saverite, Furnco, Pep Store, Buildit, Cashbuild & so forth. There is also the Inanda SAPS Station nearby. On the Southern part of the township is the Dube Village Mall named in honour of the late Dr John Langalibalele Dube. The Mall has the Inanda Post Office, Shoprite & plenty other stores. With franchise restaurants such as KFC & Debonairs Pizza. Also with local entertainment pubs such as Sbu’s Lounge (Amatikwe), Under The Moon Exclusive Lounge (Lindley), Zack’s Exclusive Lounge (Inanda Glebe) to name a few.
In terms of infrastructure, the township has multiple community health centres. With Inanda CHC Clinic situated on Umshado Rd, Newtown C. Inanda Newtown A & B Clinics, Sivananda Clinic in Ohlange, St. Joseph’s Roman Clinic in Amatikwe, Bhekimpilo Clinic in Amatikwe to name a few. There’s also the Abalindi Old Age & Orphanage Home in Amatikwe. There are also multiple recreational infrastructures such as Sporting fields with the Dr JL Dube Stadium as the biggest one, Children’s Parks and the latest inventions by the EThekwini Metropolitan Municipality of Fitness Parks introduced in townships. There is also the Tafuleni Cemetery Park in Tafuleni Section which is one of the largest cemetery parks in the Ethekwini Metropolitan.
- Amandlakayise Primary School — founded by J.L. Dube
- Inanda Seminary School — independent girls’ secondary school, founded in 1869 by the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions
- Langalibalele High Primary School — founded by J.L. Dube
- Ohlange High School — founded by J.L. Dube and his Nokutela Dube as Zulu Christian Industrial School; in 1994, site of the polling place where Nelson Mandela cast his vote in South Africa’s first racially integrated national election
- Redfern Primary School — (though in Phoenix) but founded by Dr J.L Dube.
- Mvaba High School, Mqhawe High School, Inanda Newtown Comprehensive School, No-7 High School, JG Zuma High School,
- Intshisekelo High School, Nkosinathi High School and Sithabile High School to name a few.
There is also the Elangeni FET College situated in Ohlange, on Dr Langalibalele Dube Drive. Which is a tertiary college offering Business & Engineering Courses & Qualifications.